If CRST Dedicated has already hired you, welcome to the CRST Dedicated team. You probably have a lot of questions. We’ve included some important information here. But, if don’t find the information you need, contact a recruiter for more information.
Now that you’re on board with CRST Dedicated, your first step is going through our orientation process.
Orientation is an important step, even for experienced drivers. It will help you get to know the company.
Your orientation will consist of 3-4 days of learning CRST policies and procedures, including a road test.
Orientation starts every Monday at each terminal, and on Thursday at the Cedar Rapids, IA location.
To find out which orientation site you will be attending please ask one of our recruiters. If you have any questions before or during orientation please contact us.
You must have the following important documents with you:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License. If you have a vision restriction you must bring a pair of prescription glasses or sunglasses
- Valid Social Security Card. Original and in good condition, no copies!
- Acceptable immigration documentation, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Any employment documentation required to complete the CRST Dedicated driver application.
- These include: unemployment records, tax forms for self-employment, notarized letters, etc.
- A voided check for transfer to your bank accounts.
- If you do not have a voided check you may use a letter from your bank on bank letterhead that contains the name of the account holder, account number and the bank routing number.
Personal items you should bring include:
- 7 days of clothes including jeans, sweats, short- and long-sleeve shirts, coat, winter clothing if necessary
- Work boots or treaded hiking shoes. Sandals, flip flops, cowboy boots, and smooth-bottom shoes are not allowed
- Work gloves
- Battery-powered alarm clock
- Toiletries including towels, wash cloths, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving materials, soap, deodorant, etc.
- Bedding for the truck including sleeping bag, pillows, blankets, twin size sheets
- Notebook, pen, etc.
- Medications if you are currently taking any
- Money. All drivers receive FREE breakfast and lunch while attending Orientation, but will need money for the third meal of the day and all other personal needs.
CRST Dedicated Services, Inc.
Senior Recruiter, Driver Development